The Nups

A place where John & Heidi can write about the marriage; all the organization, all the emotional stuff, and anything else that should fit here. We might not update a lot now, as the wedding part is done, done done!

Saturday, September 02, 2006

The Big Day

So now we're about six hours from my life changing forever. Again I say, bout damn time. We had the rehearsal dinner last night, which was a good look at what life will be like today: A lot of family and friends (who might as well be family) and a heck of a celebration. It feels good to move from the planning to the accomplishing, and therefore, today will be a huge release. I really don't get stage fright, so the externals aren't really all that scary, but the depth of the step that I'm taking... that's kind of a rush. I think what gets me the most, my family will officially change. It's OK knowing that I'm in Heidi's family... I'm kind of used to that. I think what's weird to me is Heidi being part of my family. Like, my sister has a sister. Y'know, that's really weird. I'm not so concerned about Heidi and me, because we've already established that we're really natural together (although the thought of having sex for the first time is a little frightening), but the fact that in a few short hours Heidi and I will be members of a significantly larger family... that's a little odd, a little scary, and really cool, all at the same time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home