The Nups

A place where John & Heidi can write about the marriage; all the organization, all the emotional stuff, and anything else that should fit here. We might not update a lot now, as the wedding part is done, done done!

Sunday, August 27, 2006

The Bachelor Party

Last night, me and a bunch of the guys went to the Hopleaf and drank and ate a little more than our share. Me, Darrick (Heidi's brother), Mattox and Jason (my groomsmen) and a couple other guys whom I really love and respect were there, really doing nothing more than guy talk (sometimes pretty graphic) over some good beer and good food. I had about 3 1/2 beers, and here's the thing with Belgian beer: it's a lot stronger than it lets on; the sum total of what I drank worked out to six or seven American beers. I was pretty heavily sloshed when I went home, and in a semi-puky state. I didn't end up calling Ralph York on the porcelain phone, as Matt told me to drink a lot of water (which is a really good idea if you've had a few too many). I stayed at Matt's overnight, and we got to have a really good one-on-one conversation about women and fear and commitment. I really dig hanging out over a Belgian beer, but that was a vital conversation, as I was able to talk about some things that I have difficulty admitting to myself.

Yes, I'll agree it doesn't sound like much of a party, but it was a hell of a lot of fun, and it's what I needed at the time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home