The Nups

A place where John & Heidi can write about the marriage; all the organization, all the emotional stuff, and anything else that should fit here. We might not update a lot now, as the wedding part is done, done done!

Saturday, May 13, 2006

On Addressing Invitations

So we've been packaging and preparing invitations to be sent out, and I'm kinda surprised at how surreal it feels. It didn't feel so strange gathering addresses, or preparing the details of the invitations, but when everything is allpackaged together for my friends or family, and I imagine them opening the envelope and pulling out the Heidi-designed artwork, I get all squishy inside. Here are close friends of mine, many of which have helped me through some of the most trying times of my life, some of which are just like family, some of which are family (in either the figurative or literal sense, depending on who it is), many of whom have been with me for over a decade, and I'm packaging an invitation for the celebration that will start the rest of my life.

That day is going to go by incredibly quickly, yet I will be torn between wanting to end it as soon as possible (to get my new wife alone), and wanting it to last forever (to share it with all the people who are nearest and dearest to my heart). I can easily see myself sitting around at a table with my friends or family that I haven't seen in a while, having a drink, and laughing with them with pure joy during the reception.

Perhaps the reality just hit on another level with each person that I know that gets another invitation. Wow. Cool.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home