The Nups

A place where John & Heidi can write about the marriage; all the organization, all the emotional stuff, and anything else that should fit here. We might not update a lot now, as the wedding part is done, done done!

Monday, February 20, 2006

Planning and Prepping

It's kinda interesting that so many people are wondering how the wedding planning is going.

So here's the update:

  • church: check
  • reception hall: check - 10-course+ chinese wedding banquet!!! yum yum
  • premarital counseling at trinity: going well, check
  • tuxes: check
  • bridesmaid dresses: check
  • wedding cake: check... and its white chocolate mousse!
  • bridal gown: check, as of this past Friday :) got the veil too.
  • registering: we're now "tweaking" the list, but pretty much... check
  • rehearsal dinner: reserved, menu tbd, but pretty much... check
  • obtaining an officiant: got an appt next month to discuss the ceremony,... check
  • musicians: I think we're still working on that, but we're getting closer
  • honeymoon: you'll have to check w/ John, but generally, we've got a destination, I kinda know the itinerary... I think we may have one or two more logistical things to figure out, but it's almost a check :)
  • chinese evening gown: gotta wait til June... I have to have it custom-measured then ordered. The diet is going well, so final sizing should wait til about June or so.
  • John's kilt: well, he already has a casual one,.. but he's wearing a more formal one for the reception- not sure if he's ordering the black tux kilt or his clan kilt. You'll just have to wait til then to find out. :D
  • DJ: we're hoping that a friend will help us out w/ our "music nazi" intentions. stay tuned.
  • invitations: I have to play with some sample paper before I can decide how I will design it. yep, I am making use of my art degree with this baby. Fortunately, we went to Paper Source a few weeks ago and got some cool ideas.
  • flowers: going to freshroses.com to order my roses. Yep, I am having them delivered and I will hand-tie them myself. With only 2 attendants, life is definitely simpler. Oh, and yes, I ordered a test bunch about a month ago, and discovered that I can put togetehr a lovely bouquet in about 15 minutes. The freshroses.com people are great! (And I am going to save about $500 on wedding flowers!!!)
  • centerpieces: check ...
...I think there's more,... like favors, bubbles, and other little doodads, but I'm not all that worried. It'll happen.

Two comments-
1) John is definitely hands on w/ the planning and it's kinda nice that the groom, in this case, is helping out. I definitely don't feel like I am the only one putting this thing together, and y'know w/ us both being planners who happen to work well together, man, we are going to have a great time! Yay, us!
2) Wedding planning doesn't have to be all-consuming. It feels weird to me sometimes when people assume that the wedding planning is all we are doing these days. When we do, it's kinda like an errand we gotta run. We have spent time on it, but we don't spend ALL our time on it. We still have many days when we don't do any wedding stuff and we just hang out. And to be honest, if you gave me a choice between doing wedding planning and hanging out w/ John, I'd pick hanging out w/ John... which is very fortunate, as I am probably going to be stuck w/ him long after the wedding and honeymoon :) Yay!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home