The Nups

A place where John & Heidi can write about the marriage; all the organization, all the emotional stuff, and anything else that should fit here. We might not update a lot now, as the wedding part is done, done done!

Sunday, September 03, 2006

Aaaaaaand we're done

So we are now married. I'm wearing a pretty cool ring on my finger that I don't plan to be taking off ever again (well, y'know, to wash and so on, but no other time). It really doesn't feel any different with me personally, and our relationship doesn't feel any different, but we're married. We're married people. I'm somebody's husband. I have a wife. Wow, crazy.

Anyway, yesterday was a success far beyond my hopes and dreams. Yes, the final goal was to just get married on that day, and so we did. But the wedding ceremony was one of the most flawless I've ever attended, the photos were crazy fun, and the reception was a perpetual kick in the pants. We were talking about this being the party of the year, and I honestly think it was. Some highlights: When the pastor introduced "Mr. and Mrs. John Fisher," we got a standing ovation. I've never had one of those before! When Heidi and I came out in her dress and my kilt, dozens of cameras showed up (it's an Asian wedding; there were a lot of cameras there to begin with). The food was phenomenal. We required that a story be told for us to kiss, and only a few people stepped up to the plate, but we got some dirt on each other. My cousin told me a story about hanging out with my dad, in which my dad's end quote was "There's two things that motivate John: Jesus and sex."

There's nothing that I've ever experience that validates you more than getting married. Friends and family were all around, pouring out more concentrated love than I've ever experienced. Yeah, it's weird, but dang, I can't remember a better time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home