The Nups

A place where John & Heidi can write about the marriage; all the organization, all the emotional stuff, and anything else that should fit here. We might not update a lot now, as the wedding part is done, done done!

Monday, November 21, 2005

The ring

OK, so here's what is my major hold-up. I want a ring on Heidi's finger before we get any "really" further. She doesn't care about that, but I do. Now, here's another thing. My dad had this ring that was his mother's, then it was my mother's, now it's my stepmother's. However, my dad also died a little over a year ago, and my stepmother still wears it. Not only is it an heirloom, but it's a honker. My dad never got a chance to meet Heidi, as we met in person six months to the day after he died. But I think he would ahve really gotten a kick out of meeting her; I think they would have gotten along really well. My dad was never very social, and tended to hide in his computer room during social gatherings, but I think he would have hung out in the main room to talk to Heidi. Anyway, this heirloom ring is supposed to go to one of us kids. My sister's been married for quite a while, and I don't think my brother is getting married again, and the timing just seems to be "right" for Heidi to get that ring. However, that ring is also one of the last physical ties my stepmother has to her husband, and she's not ready to give it up yet. It would mean a lot more to me if Heidi had my dad's ring than if she had some thing I went out to the store for, but I may end up having to go out to some jeweler, because I don't think I can wait much longer to pop the question. Meh. I'm talking to my stepmom this weekend, and maybe I can talk her into giving up the ring soon. If anybody reads this and prays, I'd really appreciate your prayers on this subject.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home